The Associate Art Director monitors work through all stages of pre-production and production and facilitates solutions to any issues that may arise. Assists the Art Director with all phases of design projects to ensure successful project completion. Being an Associate Art Director requires knowledge of typography, layout, color, and visual communication. Reviews the work of videographers, photographers, designers, and graphic artists. In addition, Associate Art Director requires a bachelor’s degree of art or design. Typically reports to Art Director. Being an Associate Art Director gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work. Working as an Associate Art Director typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience.
Associate Art Director Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Associate Art Director to join our team.
- Conceptual creative execution;
- Execute projects based on direction of lead creative team;
- Create concepts, designs, and layouts based on knowledge of creative artwork principles and esthetic design concepts;
- Keep abreast of current design and cultural trends;
- Production art and execution;
- Graphic design and illustration;
- Contribute new designs/concepts as needed;
- Become familiar with, and contribute to ideation process;
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, and to client specifications;
- Pitch decks for new business;
- Environmental design.
- Ability to create design layouts based on concepts and/or direction from creative briefs;
- A portfolio that demonstrates comprehensive integrated marketing campaigns;
- Specifically looking for skill-sets that touch spacial design, interior design, product design, art direction, graphic design and production;
- Excellent knowledge of experiential marketing, social media, and content development;
- Strong conceptual development, visualization, typography, and print design layout skills;
- Knowledge of pre-press accuracy and print production;
- Attention to detail and accuracy on all phases of design process;
- Creative and persistent problem solver;
- Skilled in developing and articulating visual concepts;
- Understanding of digital and offset print methodology and processes;
- A positive attitude, attention to detail, strong communication skills and an adventurous spirit;
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of agency or professional design experience;
- Formal design training and ability to produce complex layouts in: Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign; 3D software such as Strata or Google SketchUp;
- Must have experiential design experience.