The Business Development Executive is responsible for developing new market initiatives, assessing new markets, and analyzing business opportunities. Plans and directs all aspects of an organization’s business development policies, objectives, and initiatives. Being a Business Development Executive may also be accountable for licensing initiatives and programs; duties include negotiating contracts, initiating proposals, and closing deals. Conducts financial feasibility studies and develops proposals for new business opportunities. In addition, Business Development Executive requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to top management. The Business Development Executive manages a business unit, division, or corporate function with major organizational impact. Establishes overall direction and strategic initiatives for the given major function or line of business. Has acquired the business acumen and leadership experience to become a top function or division head.
Business Development Executive Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Business Development Executive to join our team.
- scheduling meetings with field sales and prospects;
- Grow Regional Accounts customer base regionally;
- Achieve/exceed sales targets for a defined sales and GP quota and earn uncapped commissions above target;
- Developing leads and referrals;
- Develop technical knowledge of metagenomics, microbiome, etc. to address customer needs;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Set meetings for GenUI’s services team to go in-depth with a customer prospect and negotiate a sale;
- Develop and continuously refine a solid understanding of Agency and Department level initiatives, priorities, issues and opportunities;
- Complete FOD™ University;
- Establish territory plan to sales goals, and provide accurate, complete and timely submission of required pipeline reports and forecasts;
- Develop account strategy and drive growth through execution across multiple clients;
- Give input and feedback to GenUI’s marketing initiatives;
- $200,000 – $400,000 annual sales target;
- Enhance, develop and maintain the current prospect list;
- On-going development and management of B2B sales leads.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills;
- A BA/BS degree and at least 4 years of professional outbound sales experience;
- Must be a passionate hunter and skilled at penetrating new accounts;
- An entrepreneurial mindset & work ethic;
- Strong skills with MS Office applications, especially presentation development & desktop publishing;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: able to talk to C-level;
- Track record of exceeding quotas selling complex products/solutions to commercial clients;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect and interact with potential customers;
- Aptitude for building relationships at all levels of an organization;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Three years’ experience in a business development, sales, fundraising, or industry environment are a must;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and the ability to develop and sustain business relationships;
- A minimum of 1 year of sales experience;
- Understanding of prospecting software tools is desirable;
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher level degree is preferred;
- Valid driver’s license and reliable personal transportation to attend off-site meetings and events.