The Manager of Business Operations develops and implements company policies and procedures as well as ensures compliance with these procedures. Manages general activities of an organization’s operations in a non-manufacturing environment. Being a Manager of Business Operations prepares reports and audits to monitor and improve operations effectiveness. Evaluates and enhances current operational systems. In addition, Manager of Business Operations may coordinate communication between different functions. Requires a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to a senior manager or head of unit/department. The Manager of Business Operations manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. Working as a Manager of Business Operations typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Business Operations Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Business Operations Manager to join our team.
- Identifying operational inefficiencies and implement solutions to improve global operations;
- Devising a data-driven approach to evaluating future customer growth initiatives;
- Spinning up a formal reseller and agency program;
- Assisting our Chief of Staff in recruiting and onboarding new team members;
- Understanding financial and operational risks and communicate these to leadership;
- Collecting and analyzing competitive intelligence;
- Designing and implementing an organizational structure to help scale global footprint;
- Analyzing and reporting on competitive and regulatory threats to the business;
- Self-motivated, action-oriented, multi-tasking individual with a great sense of urgency and follow-through;
- Deep dive into analytics to discover trends and opportunities, and launch projects and programs from discovered insights;
- Identify inefficiencies and develop creative solutions;
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Excellent working knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM;
- Set-up business KPIs and reporting process to track business performance;
- Create and maintain accurate, easy-to-find documentation to ensure success of teams.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Experience as face-off to federal Contracting Officer and Financial Management Office;
- When you see a problem, you want to solve it, not simply complain about it;
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Experience working in large, complex organizations;
- You have 3-5 years of work experience at a top consulting or banking organization;
- You have a Bachelor’s degree from a well-known 4-year university; minimum 3.5 GPA;
- You are energetic, resourceful, and driven, and have the ownership to thrive in an unstructured environment;
- Record of high performance and success;
- Rich experience partnering with IT organization and 3rd party IT services companies to deliver Enterprise level tools/systems;
- Professional experience in data modeling & analysis, including BI visualization tools such as Periscope;
- Ability to create Change Management plan and lead change across large user base;
- 3+ years’ experience in leading complex program portfolio and/or cross-functional initiatives;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Operations, Computer Science, Business Administration or Finance;
- Professional experience in data modeling & analysis, including BI visualization tools such as Periscope.