The Event Catering Manager negotiates contracts, assists in the selection of menu items, schedules catering staff, arranges for facilities or equipment, and communicates customer needs to the appropriate personnel. Plans, directs, and coordinates catered events for an establishment. Being an Event Catering Manager may require a bachelor’s degree. Develops and maintains catering accounts by ensuring customer satisfaction before, during, and after the event. In addition, Event Catering Manager typically reports to a head of a unit/department. The Event Catering Manager supervises a group of primarily para-professional level staffs. May also be a level above a supervisor within high volume administrative/ production environments. Makes day-to-day decisions within or for a group/small department. Has some authority for personnel actions. Working as an Event Catering Manager typically requires 3-5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. Thorough knowledge of functional area and department processes.
Catering Events Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Catering Events Manager to join our team.
- Performing site inspections;
- Work closely with clients on menu selection, appropriate décor, A/V needs, transportation;
- Partner with the Director of Catering/Conference on the servicing and coordination of weddings;
- Solicitation of new business under the direction of the Director of Catering and Conference;
- Manager on duty;
- Attend outside meetings and networking events representing Inn at Perry Cabin in the community and market;
- Generating BEO;s, and resumes in a timely and accurate fashion, attendance in BEO meetings, pre and post con meetings, resume, etc.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include holidays and weekends;
- Experience in luxury resorts, and independent hotel background;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience in hotel based systems and technology. Delphi experience is preferred but not required;
- Ability to work under pressure, remain organized and accessible to guests and team members;
- Two years experience in sales or event planning.