Change Management Specialist enables organization to achieve greater flexibility and attain competitive advantages by leveraging its human capital. Conducts needs analysis and resource allocation studies to determine most effective use of human capital resources. Being a Change Management Specialist makes recommendations to top management based on research. Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Additionally, Change Management Specialist requires a master’s degree in area of specialty. Typically reports to top management. The Change Management Specialist manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. To be a Change Management Specialist typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 – 3 years supervisory experience may be required. Extensive knowledge of the function and department processes.
Change Management Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Change Management Specialist to join our team.
- Create change management strategy;
- Support communication efforts;
- Will support and input into the strategic change deployment plan;
- Support organisational design and definition of roles and responsibilities;
- Identify, analyse, prepare risk mitigation tactics;
- Support change management at the organisational level;
- Coach managers and supervisors;
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress;
- Assessment of organizational talent and developing recommendations for the construct of the FT team and how to strategically fill open roles;
- Design and implement training programs for different sleeves of FT project;
- Develop and articulate strategy documents to a wide user base of executives and staff;
- Partner with PMO and executive management to ensure critical issues related to change management are captured and resolved in a timely manner;
- Identify staffing and operational gaps and propose solutions to close;
- Ensure strict adherence to established change management processes and procedures for audit compliance;
- Collaborate with change requestors to ensure proper documentation is provided within each change.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Bachelor’s degree required and MBA helpful but not mandatory;
- 7-10 years of organizational design, Change Management, communications experience;
- Previous Top Tier consulting experience highly desired;
- Strong Project Management skills and affinity for working in an unstructured environment;
- Advanced knowledge of organizational change management methodologies, best practices, tools and techniques applied in an IT environment;
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance;
- Understanding of Commercial and Government Best Practices for OCM;
- Must be able to work both collaboratively and independently and take initiative to identify, track, and resolve issues;
- Experience supporting Change Management for COTS/SaaS solution delivery;
- Experience supporting Change Management for Human Capital Management business processes;
- Knowledge and understanding of the DoD Business Enterprise Architecture (BEA) Framework for Human Capital Management;
- Solid understanding of ITSM / ITIL, with deep working knowledge of the IT change management processes Reporting & Metrics;
- Excellent communication and leadership skills • Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively;
- Proficient with change management, software version management and functional and physical configuration management.