The Chief Risk Officer is responsible for planning and directing business analysis, risk modeling, and loss prevention programs. Oversees all aspects of an organization’s risk management function. Being a Chief Risk Officer typically reports to top management. Requires a bachelor’s degree. The Chief Risk Officer manages a business unit, division, or corporate function with major organizational impact. Establishes overall direction and strategic initiatives for the given major function or line of business. Has acquired the business acumen and leadership experience to become a top function or division head.
Chief Risk Officer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Chief Risk Officer to join our team.
- Provide periodic reporting of risk management updates to Board of Directors and provide ad-hoc risk updates to regulators;
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by the firm’s senior management;
- Work effectively with business units to identify, analyze, and mitigate internal and external risks to support sustainable growth;
- Possess in-depth and technical knowledge of financial markets with the ability to make critical, timely decisions;
- Ability to communicate complex issues and manage key senior level relationships with clients, regulators, executive management and counterparties;
- Lead, manage and supervise a team of risk professionals responsible for the firm’s market, credit and liquidity risk management;
- Manage and improves the firm’s enterprise-wide COSO-compliant risk management framework;
- Understand and evaluate complex financial derivatives and stress tests used internally and externally to manage client and firm exposures;
- Execute successfully strategies, resolve issues, and provide support on all risk related matters;
- Develop robust, world class risk strategies that contribute to effective governance.
- Ability to disseminate information and guidelines clearly to employees and check for understanding;
- Strong organizational skills needed to coordinate multiple Bank priorities;
- Detailed and extensive knowledge and comprehension of Banking policies and procedures;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Extensive knowledge of financial services industry, specifically broker dealer and Futures Clearing Merchant;
- Extensive knowledge of operational, governance, information security, enterprise, market and credit risk;
- Strong collaboration and team building skills;
- Organized, detail oriented, and ability to work independently;
- Advanced degree (JD, MBA, MA/MS) highly preferred;
- Series 24 preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance or related experience. Master’s Degree preferred;
- Series24 required or to be obtained within 90 days of employment;
- Ability to effectively communicate through written presentations and individual discussions with all levels in/out of the Bank;
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines;
- Ability to protect and maintain confidential information.