Clinical Nurse Manager (Psychiatric) Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Clinical Nurse Manager (Psychiatric) to join our team.
- Evaluating the outcomes of patient care to recommend and integrate appropriate changes;
- Ensuring compliance with hospital, state, federal and licensing agency regulatory standards;
- Frequent visibility on all shifts and weekends to enhance staff communication and monitor staff effectiveness;
- Collaboration with community health organizations to enhance the hospital’s community presence;
- Promoting, developing and evaluating processes and systems for patient care;
- Seeking and acting upon patient, family and staff feedback;
- Ensuring efficient fiscal operation of the Department of Psychiatry;
- Leading and/or participating in Quality Improvement (QI) groups and other multidisciplinary meetings;
- Leading the development and implementation of policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Previous management experience desired;
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Nursing or health-related field preferred;
- Experience in psychiatry, geriatrics and nursing management preferred;
- Basic computer knowledge required;
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing; additional languages a plus;
- Minimum of 5 years prior experience in hospital patient care services, psychiatric experience preferred;
- Strong interpersonal skills; experience working with healthcare bargaining units;
- Current Connecticut Registered Nurse License;
- Knowledge of a wide range of medical, psychosocial, cognitive and/or developmental disorders;
- Current BCLS certification, ACLS preferred.