The Digital Strategy Director develops Internet/extranet strategy and coordinates effort across all IT functions to support company’s business strategy. Directs and oversees an organization’s strategic and long-range e-commerce goals. Being a Digital Strategy Director typically reports to top management. Requires a bachelor’s degree. The Digital Strategy Director manages a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function. Working as a Digital Strategy Director typically requires 5+ years of managerial experience.
Director, Digital Strategy Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Director, Digital Strategy to join our team.
- Trains and develops team members for skill development, career progression, and ethical decision making;
- Manages a team (of one or more) of digital strategists;
- Analyses competitive data to understand RCCL¿s relative performance;
- Negotiates successfully to the best outcome for RCCL;
- Evaluates complex political situations and pursues a path leading to the best objective outcome for RCCL;
- Synthesizes team findings into presentations of strategic narratives and conclusions appropriate for all levels of the company;
- Leads senior executives through strategic dialog on key challenges, strategic options, and possible outcomes;
- Providing expert advice and ensuring compliance with established journalistic standards and principles to digital and traditional media;
- Work with data analytics and insight teams to develop valuable business intelligence to feed into strategic plans and recommendations;
- Support business development by evaluating potential content licensing deals, commercial models and digital opportunities;
- Creates best practice pilot and integration methodologies to improve effectiveness of go-to-market strategies for investment opportunities;
- Work with commercial teams to provide insight and support for digital operations;
- Leads structured deal review process as well as documentation creation in order to present build/buy, partner recommendations;
- Ensure clear communication from digital strategy to global stakeholders;
- Leads the team to deliver upon ad-hoc requests and projects as needed.
- Executive Presence;
- 2-5 years successful experience leading strategy and/or digital consulting firm experience at a leading consulting firm;
- 3-5+ years leading strategy development studies;
- Advanced level of communication and presentation skills;
- MBA or equivalent required;
- 5-10 years of successful team management of high profile and the most challenging business problems;
- A master of storytelling with the ability to generate insights that inspire great creative thinking;
- The ability to work well under pressure, with a high degree of flexibility and fluidity and have an objective-focused and positive approach;
- Drawn to and thrive in a collaborative environment with a team of diverse backgrounds and expertise;
- A passion for innovation and business strategy;
- Understanding of technology and its ability to address business challenges or create new business models;
- Experience with startups, VCs, and incubators to develop partnerships and making investments;
- None required;
- Demonstrated people leadership: track record of developing high performing teams;
- Ability to balance long-term strategic value with short-term business needs and contribute to end-to-end build, buy, partner processes.