The Director of Business Operations leads the design and implementation of non-manufacturing operational policies, objectives, and initiatives. Directs and oversees a major segment of the organization’s operations, typically through subordinate operations managers. Being a Director of Business Operations requires a bachelor’s degree. Evaluates current and proposed operational systems and procedures and implements changes as necessary. In addition, Director of Business Operations typically reports to top management. The Director of Business Operations manages a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function. Working as a Director of Business Operations typically requires 5+ years of managerial experience.
Director of Business Operations Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Director of Business Operations to join our team.
- Lead M&A projects and analysis, as required;
- Produce detailed monthly reports for CEO that review financials, track performance and provide actionable insights;
- Assist CEO in fundraising activities. Build decks, track prospects, prepare data room and other materials;
- Be extremely organized. Own monthly budgets, payroll and vendor payments with an eye for finding efficiencies;
- Build relationships . Quickly gain deep trust of your colleagues, partners and customers quickly;
- Develop or support frameworks for deal structuring, revenue recognition and alignment of business KPIs with back office support;
- Facilitation of leadership strategic planning activities, including leading the development and maintenance of corporate dashboards;
- Support the VP of Business Operations on all strategic initiatives & transformational efforts;
- Prepare timely and accurate reports on financial performance;
- Partner with Disney Ad Sales leadership team & human resources on capability assessments and key initiatives;
- Oversee all audit and internal control operations;
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program;
- Perform analyses & develop proposals & presentations for senior Disney Ad Sales & DTCI leadership;
- Manage the recruitment and selection process;
- Participate in the day-to-day duties involved in running the business operations team, as required.
- Excellent analytical skills, with experience rapidly building and analyzing business plans & financial models;
- Expert project management skills with a track record of managing multiple projects and driving results;
- Exposure to Technology & Engineering team project management;
- Ability to demonstrate poise, organizational savvy and executive presence;
- Proven ability to build relationships, influence decisions and drive results through internal partnerships;
- Ability to function effectively in a highly charged executive environment, and the ability to discern when to act independently;
- Experience at a Management Consulting firm or Internal Strategy team of a large corporation;
- Comfortable working with large data sets and distilling key takeaways to various stakeholders;
- Strong positive / can-do attitude and comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience;
- Proactive problem solving skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- Understanding of digital ad sales, particularly related to data, automation, and attribution models.