Digital Marketing Director directs and controls overall department responsible for digital marketing. Develops and delivers marketing policies, practices and strategies to attract customers to company website, online presence and promote online products or services. Being a Digital Marketing Director develops marketing plans to enhance influence of online products or services. Reviews online statistics, changes to the marketplace and identifies the best practice to optimize online marketing performance or changes plans accordingly. Additionally, Digital Marketing Director oversees all e-marketing content and exploration of sales channels. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to top management. The Digital Marketing Director manages a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function. To be a Digital Marketing Director typically requires 5+ years of managerial experience.
Director of Digital Marketing Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Director of Digital Marketing to join our team.
- Other duties as assigned;
- Develop Volta’s Digital Marketing strategy and programs from the ground up;
- Develop and run Volta’s email marketing system and program, all done in-house;
- Drive high-impact product launches across Volta’s digital platforms;
- Work closely with the Director of Campaigns to design a digital strategy that meets marketing goals for lead, opportunity, and pipeline development;
- Identifying, analyzing, using, and sharing digital marketing trends and best practices;
- Work with other departments to ensure cross-platform execution and activation of omnichannel marketing campaigns;
- Leveraging our BrightEdge technology platform and other best practices to ensure all digital content is search engine-optimized;
- Create and manage the dashboard reports to measure the effectiveness of digital campaigns;
- Manage campaign metrics and analytics reporting, including google analytics. Uncover untapped opportunities through analysis of trends and data;
- Experience in attribution, tracking, multivariate, a/b testing and campaign reporting;
- Purchase and manage digital advertising on behalf of clubs as dictated by each campaign’s approved digital marketing plan;
- Build campaigns that scale customer acquisition, cross-sell and retention;
- Develop and manage team processes, tools, and documentation;
- Serve as the institution’s digital accessibility coordinator.
- Strong knowledge of best practices in digital media, email marketing and website optimization;
- 10+ years of hands-on progressive digital marketing experience in a complex high growth business;
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred;
- An analytical mindset and critical thinking;
- Proven performance in marketing strategies to target, engage, and acquire audiences;
- Spirit of curiosity and “how stuff works.”
- Has successful track record of project and people management;
- Experience with Infusionsoft, Zapier, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, and WordPress preferred;
- Exhibits meticulous organizational skills;
- BA/BS degree in Business, Communications, Marketing , or equivalent practical experience ;
- Agency experience;
- Excellent communication, presentation, leadership skills;
- 6+ years of experience developing, planning, launching , and analyzing multifaceted integrated digital campaigns ;
- Significant experience managing website content, technical infrastructure, and/or content management systems. Experience with Drupal CMS a plus;
- Strong detail orientation, self-motivation and resourcefulness.