Director of Financial Services Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Director of Financial Services to join our team.
- Advise project teams and clients to develop process improvements and remediation plans which resolve identified deficiencies;
- Ensure that teams are effective and provide thoughtful conflict resolution resources and tools as needed;
- Advise clients as an SME on complex SOX issues from initial implementation to partnering with clients through continued compliance;
- Lead SOX compliance teams at Financial Services / Banking clients, and/or build SOX compliance programs at pre-IPO and newer companies.
- Ability to adapt to unexpected changes in timelines, deadlines and scope of work;
- Deep experience translating complicated issues into simple and easy to understand terms to guide clients and provide information;
- Public accounting/advisory experience with an emphasis on risk and compliance consulting related to SOX and technical accounting;
- Exceptional people, project and client management skills gained by working in multiple, professional environments;
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university in Accounting, Economics, Business Management, Finance or related;
- Ability to lead and manage change;
- Bachelor’s Degree plus three (3) years of experience as described above;
- Commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace;
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word, or other equivalent software;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required;
- Attention to detail, and the ability to thoroughly review and present accurate information and accurately process financial transactions;
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and experience interpreting and applying these principles;
- Master’s Degree plus two (2) years of experience as described above;
- Proficiency using financial databases, software, or systems;
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university in Accounting, Economics, Business Management, Finance or related.