The Director of Housekeeping conducts inspections of facilities and recommends repairs and upgrades when needed. Directs and coordinates the daily operations of a housekeeping services department to ensure offices, patient/guest rooms, and other specified areas are kept in a clean and orderly condition. Being a Director of Housekeeping may create quality standards and monitors the implementation. Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local environmental regulations. In addition, Director of Housekeeping may require a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to top management. The Director of Housekeeping typically manages through subordinate managers and professionals in larger groups of moderate complexity. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. May give input into developing the budget. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments. Working as a Director of Housekeeping typically requires 3+ years of managerial experience.
Director of Housekeeping Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Director of Housekeeping to join our team.
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained and used accordingly;
- Manage the selection, training and development of employees with an eye toward maximum employee satisfaction, productivity and guest satisfaction;
- Responsible for the long term vision and direction, including improvements and projects;
- Maintain effective cost control through systems and processes;
- Meet all service and production standards for Pendry;
- Create appropriate relationships with all levels of hotel Associates;
- Hire, train, supervise and develop colleagues for maximum effectiveness;
- Coordinate department’s activities with other departments to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction;
- Conduct regular inspections of the hotel to ensure adherence to cleanliness and maintenance standards;
- Provide seamless employee relations with contract employees, ensuring proper training and culture integration;
- Responsible for overall financial performance including budgeting, forecasting, and financial planning of the department;
- Bear ultimate responsibility for monitoring consumption and ordering replacement of guest and cleaning supplies;
- Establish safe working conditions through appropriate training.
- Strong leadership qualities / Passionate about cleaning;
- 5 years of housekeeping management experience;
- Prefer managers that have moved up in the discipline, or with hotel/resort management experience;
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action;
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures;
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department;
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc;
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: patient rights, and safety and sanitation;
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information;
- Must have training in environmental control practices and procedures;
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post acute care facility;
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years’ supervisory experience in a health care setting;
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.