The Director of Human Resources administers and innovates human resources programs and policies support company goals and positively engage the workforce. Plans, directs, and implements policies for all areas of the human resources function including staffing, compensation, benefits, training, employee relations, safety and compliance. Being a Director of Human Resources prepares operating budgets for human resources and make recommendations for funding that drives workforce productivity. Advises leadership on all human resources issues with broad and current subject matter knowledge that includes expertise in federal and state employment laws. In addition, Director of Human Resources maintains a HRIS or other system for all required processes and transactions that provide data and reporting on HR activity. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to top management. The Director of Human Resources manages a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Working as a Director of Human Resources typically requires 5+ years of managerial experience. Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function.
Director of Human Resources Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Director of Human Resources to join our team.
- Develops a deep connection to the business and drives/creates tangible business value;
- Provides change management counsel and support;
- Manage inventory flow of all incoming and outgoing customer returns, warranties and replacements for customer resolution;
- Coordinate company use of insurance brokers, insurance carriers, and other outside sources;
- Improve in-store presence of Wahoo products through enhanced merchandising and increased product distribution;
- Conducts annual associate engagement survey in conjunction with corporate personnel;
- Responsibility for disciplinary action and terminations;
- Assisting in affiliate program reporting and billing functions;
- Support our Wahoo specialist retail partners in the areas of marketing, technical support and sales;
- Ensures company compliance with all Federal, State and local laws as well as Affirmative Action and EEO Requirements;
- Participates in the support of various aspects of HR administration including benefits, records retention, EEO/AA compliance and compensation;
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis;
- Lead learning and development efforts;
- Lead cultural and employee engagement strategy and activity;
- Ensuring compliance with any/all regulatory concerns.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate;
- Strong ability to problem solve and prioritize;
- Experience in strategic planning, project management, and change management;
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Personnel Administration, or related field or the equivalent of education and experience;
- Ability to comply with physical demands as outlined below;
- Outstanding communication skills and proven success in communicating effectively with all levels;
- At least four years of experience in a Human Resources management role;
- Self-starter with the ability to deliver high impact results within a framework of ambiguity;
- Shared Services experience preferred;
- At least 15 years of HR experience, with more than 10 years at management level;
- Must have a current driver’s license with no more than 3 points;
- Competencies: Communication, consultation, ethical practice, cultural awareness, HR expertise and relationship management;
- Knowledge of responsive design concepts and best practices of UX/UI design and development as it pertains to eCommerce;
- Demonstrates flexibility, commitment to meeting deadlines, attention to detail, shows aptitude for critical thinking and excellent decision making;
- Negotiating and implementing benefits.