The Sales Operations Director is responsible for developing sales processes, calculating sales commissions, providing pricing and quotes for sales personnel, and analyzing product performance and other sales metrics. Oversees the administration and operation activities of a sales function. Being a Sales Operations Director requires a bachelor’s degree. Manages forecasting, sales force automation, and contract compliance and negotiation. In addition, Sales Operations Director typically reports to top management. The Sales Operations Director manages a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function. Working as a Sales Operations Director typically requires 5+ years of managerial experience.
Director of Sales Operations Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Director of Sales Operations to join our team.
- Establishes sales compensation program rules, policies and procedures;
- Lead forecast calls and deal reviews;
- Develop standards for sales excellence including key scorecards, agreed to guiding metrics, operational design and process;
- Responsible for directing the planning, staffing, budgeting and expense prioritization;
- Ensures planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes within Aera;
- Work cross functional to remove any operation/organizational barriers;
- Works closely with sales and finance leadership in preparing Board level and Executive management presentations;
- Establish clear deal structure and compliance guidelines and measure sales adherence to defined processes;
- Partner with senior management to identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Foster an environment of continuous improvement;
- Working closely with sales leadership and finance, you’ll build GTM annual operating plan & budget;
- Lead the annual sales quota, compensation, and sales organizational planning process;
- Provide weekly perspective on state of the business and recommendations on how to maximize sales revenue;
- Manage and update the sales process, forecasting, pipeline management, KPIs, reports, and dashboards in CRM;
- Refine customer segmentation, assist with territory management, and create a plan to enhance renewal and upsell processes;
- Providing models and organizing statistical studies for the Sales Department.
- Proficient in MS Office;
- Highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous situations;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of presenting to senior management;
- Proficiency in Outreach/SalesLoft, Connect&Sell, Gong.io, DiscoverOrg, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator or other sales automation/enablement tools;
- 10+ years of Sales Operations experience;
- Minimum 3 years experience leading sales operations teams, preferably with a SaaS company;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Experience in start-up or early-stage environments with little or no defined infrastructure or processes;
- Track record of working in a fast-paced, fluid environment;
- Ability and empathy to relate to all levels of the sales team;
- Undergraduate degree from top tier university required; MBA or graduate degree a bonus;
- Strong personal productivity computer skills and applications, including Salesforce.com, Google, and Microsoft;
- Analytical and problem-solving orientation;
- Bachelor’s degree.