Training Director directs the design, planning, and implementation of corporate training programs aligned with the objectives and strategy of the company. Collaborates with functional management teams to assess ongoing and future training and development needs as well as effectiveness of established programs. Being a Training Director develops a program delivery schedule that provides training as needed and in locations that work for the participants. Provides engaging communications about program information to encourage participation and highlight the value and benefits of training. Additionally, Training Director approves new training techniques and suggests enhancements to existing training programs. Oversees and establishes relationships with vendors to provide additional outside training programs. Manages and develops training professionals. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to top management. The Training Director manages a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure. To be a Training Director typically requires 5+ years of managerial experience. Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function.
Director of Training Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Director of Training to join our team.
- Drive World-Class training delivery and performance and continuous improvement for the departments;
- Proactively conduct training needs and trend analyses to any potential gaps;
- Implement key initiatives to ensure training attrition remains at an acceptable level;
- Establish policies, procedures, and best practices to ensure client metrics and financial goals are consistently met;
- Be a servant leader and conduct training on a periodic basis when needed;
- Track and report training performance;
- Proactively review training materials to identify areas of opportunity and ways to improve the material to enhance learning and drive performance;
- Research and identify technology solutions for a Learning Management System and for virtual training;
- Create a strong culture of accountability within the training team;
- Coordinate the scheduling and implementation of New Hire Training, Cross-training, and Refresher Training classes across the six sites.
- Flexibility to travel when needed (both locally within the S. Florida area and nationally). Non-local travel approximately 2-3 times per year;
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to develop rapport and relationships with all levels of the organization internally and with clients;
- Demonstrated forward thinking in areas of customer service and leadership;
- Assertive with a strong sense of urgency;
- Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire, grow and develop a high-performing team and a strong company culture;
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills and Intermediate PowerPoint skills;
- Clear, concise and effective communication skills (both oral and written) including strong presentation skills;
- A strong network of resources including former and current clients, direct reports, etc. that can be leveraged when needed;
- An ability to create clear accountabilities and hold yourself and your team to those accountabilities;
- Excellent analytical skills; an ability to analyze data directly and glean hidden insights;
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment;
- An absolute obsession with excellence and in improving yourself and your team daily. For you, there is no finish line;
- A solution-oriented and positive mindset that openly embraces change and stretch goals.