Food & Beverage Manager manages the daily activities of the organization’s food and beverage function. Oversees food and beverage inventory and budget control. Being a Food & Beverage Manager assists the Food and Beverage Director in menu planning, preparation and presentation of food and drinks, and monitoring adherence to quality and safety standards. Assists in the planning and coordination of special events. Additionally, Food & Beverage Manager may require an associate degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to a head of a unit/department. The Food & Beverage Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. To be a Food & Beverage Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 – 3 years supervisory experience may be required. Extensive knowledge of the function and department processes.
Food and Beverage Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Food and Beverage Manager to join our team.
- Implement appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction;
- Drive the standards for service & hospitality;
- Effectively open physical operation/close physical operation;
- Stay up to date with industry trends by reading publications, and keeping up-to-date with pertinent and related F&B city-wide functions;
- Ensure all menu descriptions & formatting are kept accurate and up to date at all times;
- Participates in MOD program as needed;
- Develop standard operation procedures;
- Inventory, ordering supplies;
- Ability to develop ideas for special events and holiday functions;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Responsible for maintaining a high energy, positive, professional appearance;
- Find methods of reducing costs without affecting the level of service or product received by the guests;
- Use the employee handbook in understanding the consistent way of communicating rules & regulations to your team;
- Review and revise s in conjunction with Human Resources;
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures.
- 3 years of minimum experience in a beverage/food outlet;
- A conscientious spirit and the drive to excel in every aspect of your duties;
- Associates/Bachelor’s degree;
- Keeping up-to-date with local events and tailoring Food and Beverage operations to enhance guests’ experience in the local community;
- Experience working at a hotel establishment (highly desired);
- The ability to communicate in a friendly manner with guests;
- Must have experience managing a high volume, high profile operation;
- Experience in a supervisory or managerial position;
- A food service-related higher education or;
- Excellent motivational, communication and customer service skills required;
- Previous supervisory experience in a full service or high volume restaurant preferred;
- Must be able to move/assist in moving various items including tables and chairs up to 50 lbs;
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner;
- Must have a valid driver’s license;
- College degree in food service management or related field is preferred.