Institutional Research Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Institutional Research Analyst to join our team.
- Serve on committees. Perform special projects and other duties as assigned;
- Provide technical and analytical support for data-driven decision making and environmental scanning;
- Assist in management of funded grants and projects in formative and summative assessment;
- Provide training and technical support to end users of reports, cubes, and dashboards;
- Contribute to the strategic planning process of the College;
- Validate data and manage data integrity issues and resolutions;
- Provide support research for continuing organization development;
- Support Institutional Research activities by developing and maintaining documentation;
- Coordinate the design, development, visualization, and dissemination of institutional and project data for student success initiatives;
- Coordinate the development and distribution of college surveys and analyze results;
- Document research methodologies and develop training materials to support institutional effectiveness and research;
- Analyze data and write reports; present data to constituents, discuss implications, and help establish benchmarks and goals;
- Create interactive reports and dashboards to enhance the college’s ability to derive insight from data and answer key business questions;
- Analyze systems data to identify errors and inconsistencies.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, as well as, interpersonal skills;
- In-depth knowledge of and proficiency in using Microsoft Office Access and Excel;
- An appreciation of the value of organizational data and its conversion to information for decision support;
- Ability to use a variety of software tools, including SQL, to extract, clean, analyze and report on data from multiple data sources;
- Ability to model integrity through self-awareness, personal accountability, ethical behavior, quality standards, and sustainable practices;
- Strong Oracle and SQL query and PL/SQL skills;
- Strong project management skills;
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team environment.