Production managers make sure manufacturing processes run smoothly and cost-effectively, and deliver products on time.
Manufacturing Production Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Manufacturing Production Manager to join our team.
- Ensure all training schedules are adhered to and employee training documentation is kept up to date;
- Work closely with maintenance and quality department to assure production efficiencies;
- Schedule manning of all production lines with an emphasis on overtime reduction through proper planning;
- Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas;
- Manage department performance measures and provide regular progress reports to Plant Manager;
- Ensure effective employee relations and resolve production related issues;
- Work to continuously improve process/lean process;
- Responsible for all production-related quality audits.
- Strong business acumen and ability to strategically plan, budget, allocate resources, etc;
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Business or related discipline, or equivalent combinations of education and experience;
- Management responsibilities over large numbers of people (100+);
- Minimum of seven years progressive experience in key leadership roles, preferably in custom manufacturing;
- Experience in heavy industry – fabrication, metal cutting/ forming, machining, welding, painting/blasting.