Marketing Communications Specialist creates communications programs that effectively describe and promote the organization and its products including graphics, product collateral, logos, or other promotional products. Analyzes customer requirements, develops messaging architecture and competitive positioning, specifies vehicles/projects, secures resources, communicates project development and drives creative development processes. Being a Marketing Communications Specialist works with outside vendors/agencies for design and execution of advertising campaigns, trade show exhibitions, mail campaigns, and seminars. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Additionally, Marketing Communications Specialist requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to supervisor or manager. The Marketing Communications Specialist gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work. To be a Marketing Communications Specialist typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience.
Marketing Communications Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Marketing Communications Specialist to join our team.
- Provides input into the development of our corporate marketing strategy and works daily to implement this strategy;
- Plans and organizes agency events, as well as any corporate community events;
- Internal and external marketing of products and services;
- Manage social media ambassadors;
- Monitor budgets by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts;
- Manage the team’s workflow from point of initial request through approval;
- Works with staff to develop and foster agent relationships;
- Set up marketing campaigns in CRM;
- Develop new ideas and implement sales-supporting measures and tools;
- Create target group content e.g. brochures, videos, success stories, graphics, pictures etc;
- Draft, edit, and polish a wide variety of persuasive, relevant marketing content;
- Effectively work with our internal subject matter experts (SMEs) to gain expertise needed to create marketing materials;
- Heavy experience writing for major Owner-Operators and or EPC audiences;
- Work with leadership team and creative team including web designer, graphic designer, and printers to achieve deliverables on time;
- Familiarity with the larger industry trend contexts including Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data, and Robotics.
- Demonstarted history of strategy development and execution;
- Superior attention to detail with strong writing skills and data analyses capabilities; strong communication and stakeholder management skills;
- Well organized working habits combined with a strength in written communication;
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another;
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction;
- Prior PR experience;
- Collaborates with subject matter experts to create effective communications for campaigns and various media;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong command of technical vocabulary;
- Familiarity with a video or animation program;
- Graphic Design sensibility with a strong proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator;
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications, or a related field;
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly;
- Flexibility and the ability to shift from project to project according to need;
- Continually Evaluate communication strategies to enhance efficiency and effectiveness;
- Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills.