Part time Medical Director Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Part time Medical Director to join our team.
- Performs other duties as assigned;
- Monitors assigned staff to adherence to established medical and clinic policy;
- Provides back up call coverage;
- Oversees and is responsible for the quality, efficiency and management of delivering medical services within the clinic;
- Provides oversight to other professional medical staff, as well as administrative or support staff, as designated;
- Serves as a liaison between the medical staff, other clinic staff, division or corporate staff, and organizational leadership;
- Serves in a teaching capacity for the training and development of other personnel;
- Additional specific DEA credentials may be required, per state and clinic regulations or policy;
- Current license to practice medicine by the state in which the facility or clinic(s) operates;
- Prefer previous experience in behavioral health or substance abuse treatment;
- No history of alcohol or drug misuse for a period of three years before employment;
- Doctoral degree in Medicine (MD or DO).
- Superior verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records;
- Must have current state and federal DEA certification;
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations;
- Excellent presentation skills, confident in all settings with individuals at all levels of the organization, both internal and external;
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state within which the Medical Center is located;
- Medical Review Officer (MRO) certification, may be required in some cases;
- Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Office Suite and web-based programs;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaboration skills;
- Minimum 3 years management/leadership experience within the healthcare industry.