Payroll Lead Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Payroll Lead to join our team.
- Report to management on payroll issues and changes;
- Stay up-to-date on state and federal payroll and tax laws;
- Ensure an accurate and timely payroll, including base pay, payroll taxes, 401(k), statutory and supplemental benefits, etc;
- Assist with month end close process including preparation of accruals, reconciliations, and analytics;
- Answer employees’ questions about salaries and tax;
- Process semi-monthly and bi-weekly multi-state payroll for US non-exempt and exempt employees, utilizing ADP WorkForceNow;
- Conduct regular audits on payroll procedures and records;
- Perform other payroll related duties, including ad hoc projects/data requests as needed;
- Analyze compensation-related data including wages and bonuses.
- Ability to multitask and handle a high volume of transactions;
- In depth knowledge of state and federal payroll and tax regulations;
- 6+ years experience processing payroll in a fast-paced, high growth environment;
- Familiarity using Excel and spreadsheets;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to detail, ability to take initiative, as well as excel management and prioritization abilities is required;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and drive improvements and continuously simplify processes;
- Experience with ADP WorkForceNow required;
- Bachelor degree in business administration or accounting is a plus.