Product designers create new products and improve existing ones.
Product Designer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Product Designer to join our team.
- Synthesize customer data into meaningful insights;
- Represent user perspectives with integrity and prioritize their needs across each and every project;
- Seek out new ways to help grow and shape our creative output and culture;
- Present research and test findings to internal teams and key stakeholders;
- Own design problems end to end, from initial conception through launch;
- Contribute to the development of our design system; advocate consistent use of design standards across product experiences;
- You will initiate product design with business and product strategy, collaborating with product and engineering team members;
- Partner with product team to create compelling ideas and develop those ideas into clear design solutions across multiple platforms;
- Develop new design concepts, frameworks and interaction models;
- Designing wireframes, GUI, and low to high-fidelity mockups for responsive web applications;
- Following style and brand guidelines;
- Rapidly build early prototypes and wireframes to help test and validate ideas;
- Active role in the full product lifecycle, from inception to implementation;
- Create sketches, storyboards, prototypes, and design specs necessary to guide development of product experiences;
- Drive kick-offs and other project critical meetings.
- Familiarity with front-end mobile engineering;
- Solid understanding of web, mobile web and native apps (iOS and Android);
- Experience leading projects and process spanning insights, ideation and validation through to design implementation;
- A strong design and systems thinking that enables you to craft intuitive, cohesive and elegant solutions to complex problems;
- Ability to defend your work, but also take creative feedback and execute updates in a professional manner;
- High proficiency with prototyping and visual design software, including Sketch;
- Experience with Zeplin, InVision, JIRA and Confluence to work with product and QA teams;
- Excellent collaboration skills;
- Understanding of digital file formats and web standards;
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our partners and constituents;
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers, clients, and users;
- Experience in web development, email marketing, and social media;
- Connected to the design community with a passion for design;
- 2-5 years of work experience in product design for mobile apps and/or web;
- A basic understanding of how the technology (Objective-C, Swift, Java, JS) impacts design decisions on mobile and web platforms.