Registrar oversees university/college’s system of student records. Responsible for class registration, assigning classroom space, and updating student records. Being a Registrar ensures that all requirements have been met prior to graduation and that diplomas are factually correct. Determines students who have achieved certain scholastic goals, such as the Dean’s List. Additionally, Registrar requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. The Registrar contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. To be a Registrar typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Registrar Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Registrar to join our team.
- Provide leadership in developing and implementing current and new policies for The College;
- Interpret, communicate, monitor, and implement current policies and procedures in a fair and equitable way for students;
- Lead the Registrar’s staff in meeting all service-level metrics;
- Ensure the integrity of the student information and data systems;
- Handle student escalations and the academic appeals process regarding College policy and procedures;
- Ensure graduation audits are completed in a timely manner with objective standards;
- Maintain College data flows with the National Student Clearinghouse;
- Perform due diligence and implement new technologies to enhance productivity, quality control, and the student experience;
- Develop and implement annual budgets for the Registrar department;
- Ensure Registrar staff receives appropriate training and development;
- Quickly assess any procedure/policy issues and determine a recommended solution for staff and students;
- Act as The College’s point of contact on all disability services advocacy (DSA) issues.
- Strong communication skills – being able to work effectively with students, staff and parents;
- Customer-focused attitude – respond to parent inquiries and complaints;
- Proficient on PC and MS office based programs;
- Associates degree and/or 2-4 years of administrative experience;
- Experience working in a school office – preferred;
- Multi-tasker, detail-oriented, and prove strong organizational practices.