Residential Construction Superintendent Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Residential Construction Superintendent to join our team.
- Manage the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance;
- Create two-week schedules and determine sequencing of work;
- Oversee all trade and field personnel required to successfully complete the project;
- Maintain a professional appearance and positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees;
- Supervise and develop Assistant Superintendents and Field Engineers as assigned, including completing performance appraisals;
- Communicate with owners, architects and internal team about field issues; Investigate and resolve such issues;
- Ensure site has proper materials ordered and scheduled inspections as necessary.
- Ability to calculate figures and to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry;
- Must demonstrate leadership and strong communication skills;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in high-end custom residential construction;
- Ability to focus on finding solutions rather than simply identifying problems;
- Considerable knowledge of all construction tools, machinery methods and procedures;
- Ability to work well under pressure and within timelines;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions;
- Must understand construction methods, scheduling and blueprint reading;
- Must be able to forecast and monitor costs of project;
- Proficient in Procore Construction Management software is a plus;
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office, Outlook e-mail, MS Project is a MUST.