Assistant Restaurant Manager assists the Restaurant Manager in the overall operations of the restaurant. Recruits and trains restaurant employees. Being an Assistant Restaurant Manager assists in inventory control and budgeting. Ensures that regulatory guidelines of the food services industry are being followed by all employees. Additionally, Assistant Restaurant Manager requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to a manager. The Assistant Restaurant Manager supervises a small group of para-professional staff in an organization characterized by highly transactional or repetitive processes. Contributes to the development of processes and procedures. Thorough knowledge of functional area under supervision. To be an Assistant Restaurant Manager typically requires 3 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
Restaurant Assistant Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Restaurant Assistant Manager to join our team.
- Preparation and presentation of reports on productivity, staffing, effectiveness and success;
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques;
- Ensure equipment is properly serviced;
- Ensure food quality and availability;
- Provide leadership and direction to all team members to ensure efficient operation;
- Equipment maintenance;
- Ensure company policy and Brand Equity Standards are followed;
- Optimize profits by controlling food, beverage and labor costs;
- Prepare and present hourly team member reviews;
- Increasing sales by ensuring guest satisfaction and prompt problem resolution;
- Oversee and supervise all beverage purchasing;
- Keep all restaurant grounds clean and operating smoothly;
- Salary: Yes;
- Responsible for contributing to the corporate strategic growth plan;
- Assisting in the maintenance of food and liquor costs.
- Valid driver’s license;
- Proven experience as Supervisor or similar management role;
- Familiar with MS Office;
- Demonstrated leadership skills;
- Exposure to the restaurant and food service industry required; retail experience a plus;
- Proven history of leadership in extracurricular and/or community activities;
- High-Volume experience in a full-service concept;
- Can calmly and effectively lead a team of employees;
- At least two years of restaurant experience/fast, casual preferred;
- At least two years of restaurant experience;
- Ability to drive his or her personal vehicle as needed on a daily basis;
- Fast, casual restaurant experience preferred;
- Salary: Yes;
- Benefits: Yes;
- Excellent written and communication skills.