Revenue managers work in financial management, monitoring room sales and reservations, overseeing accounting and cash-flow matters at the hotel, projecting occupancy levels, and deciding which rooms to discount and when to offer special rates.
Revenue Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Revenue Manager to join our team.
- Own key parts of the close process and be responsible for the global execution of those processes;
- 12 months and beyond, this role will;
- Develop and maintain partnerships with third party business partners that lead to incremental revenue growth;
- Collaborate with the revenue team to ensure that corporate initiatives and goals are met, mentoring more junior team members;
- Update, analyze and communicate group and transient pace to ensure the hotel is correctly positioned for each market segment;
- Participate in preparing budgets and business plans;
- Basic proofreading and editing;
- Work with External/Internal Auditors as part of their normal course reviews;
- Monitor and analyze demand patterns, the effectiveness of restrictions and other selling strategies, and daily future turndowns and lost business;
- Consistent monitoring accuracy of forecasts and adjusting assumptions to improve accuracy (+/-3%);
- Understanding of analyzing revenue and related data to support it as to why something us increasing or declining;
- Google Sheets and Excel;
- Regular monitoring of inventory/availability day-of and week-of to quickly respond to dynamic changes within a short booking window;
- Subject matter expert on ASC 606;
- Forecasting revenue adjustments.
- Experience as a Revenue / Data Analysis Manager or related field;
- Basic proofreading, editing and spelling skills;
- Prior experience in the conduct of clinical research preferred;
- Process Improvement;
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP accounting standards and ability to assess, analyze and thoroughly document accounting positions;
- Basic understanding of hotel and vacation rental revenue and rate management;
- Familiarity with basic use of Mac computers;
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, writing and communication skills;
- Availability to work 40 hours per week;
- Must have strong, demonstrated experience with the following;
- Consistent focus on details and extra effort/hustle;
- Having an interest in the travel and tourism industry;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology and a working knowledge of drug development services desired;
- In-depth knowledge of ASC 606 and experience applying the standard is required.