Safety and Training Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Safety and Training Manager to join our team.
- Resides as the expert in EPA and OSHA, CDL compliance and regulations;
- Sets the tone for ensuring all operators are current with training requirements of company and contract;
- Oversees Corporate Safety Incentives and programs managed effectively and consistently, including assignment of Safety Points;
- Ensures all safety manuals, programs, policies and practices are current and meet the needs of the operating divisions;
- Ensures all new hires meet minimum general qualifications for each division including background and DMV checks.
- Other duties as required;
- Investigates vehicle accidents and employee injuries. Prepares and submits related reports as required;
- Ensures compliance with all company, client, and Department of Transportation regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Maintains adequate staffing levels;
- Strong Microsoft applications experience;
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with all departments;
- Knowledge of all applicable safety rules, regulations – FTA, FMCSA, and DOT;
- Previous passenger transportation in current project or similar environment preferred;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Transit safety experience;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to read, write and speak English;
- College Degree or five (5) + years of safety management experience;
- Able to acquire VDDP through CHP Lifetime Background Check;
- Must acquire a class B with passenger endorsement CDL.