The Sales Operations Manager oversees workflow of all business processing including preparation of reports, charts, and other statistics to support and direct the sales department. Manages daily activities of the operational sales support function. Being a Sales Operations Manager assists with budget management to ensure expenses meet target goals. Initiates and tracks orders to completion. In addition, Sales Operations Manager may assist in the hiring process. May handle and resolve more complex customer requests or complaints. Develops and implements promotional events and interacts with external dealers to increase sales volume. Requires a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty. Leads and directs the works of others. Typically reports to the head of a unit/department. The Sales Operations Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. Working as a Sales Operations Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Sales Operations Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sales Operations Manager to join our team.
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs;
- Supporting finance with revenue reporting and forecasting;
- Report on Sales department weekly KPIs;
- Provide predictability and monitoring via creation and ownership of leading/lagging sales metrics reports & dashboards;
- Help develop sales “Rules of Engagement” documents;
- Perform QA testing for iterative development cycles across various Salesforce projects;
- Must be agile and able to keep up with a fast-paced environment;
- Directly enable forecasting and territory work processes supporting global sales organization;
- Work with Finance & Accounting on sales attainment modeling;
- Partner with Finance on orders and close/reconciliation process;
- Work closely with the field to identify the opportunities, develop an action plan, monitor execution and report outperformance;
- Customise fields, page layouts, record types, reports and dashboards;
- Drive the reporting process to provide accurate and timely reports to the field team and address specific questions in an effective manner;
- Lead cross-functional projects from ideation to execution that directly impact new business, customer success, and retention;
- Performance metrics analyses.
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs;
- Lead the administration of sales and marketing systems, including Salesforce, HubSpot, 3rd party software providers, and proprietary software tools;
- Strong analytics and reporting expertise;
- Obsess over data accuracy;
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Experience in modeling out sales forecasting to goal;
- Bachelor’s Degree (MBA helpful);
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Computer Information Systems or related field;
- Must be agile, responsive, organized, detail-oriented and operationally focused;
- Experience in developing and providing trainings for sales and marketing teams;
- High proficiency with Google Suite and MS Office;
- Ability to work cross functionally with all areas of the business;
- A clear understanding of the enterprise sales process.