Senior Software Engineer, Data Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Data to join our team.
- Build and maintain data processing services;
- Keep yourself up-to-date and informed about new technologies;
- Encourage the technical growth of your teammates;
- Write, test, and review primarily microbatch or streaming ETL;
- Continuous improvement of our system, tests, and data quality indicators;
- Guide our technical decisions;
- Managing Clever’s data warehouse and optimizing for scale as we grow our user base and product surface area;
- Recommending and implementing new tools and integrations that enable Clever teams to generate data insights more efficiently;
- Working closely with product managers and data scientists to define and implement data analytics best practices;
- Building and scaling ETL pipeline architecture for collecting and aggregating business and product data from multiple sources;
- Architect, design, and develop software that enables us to ingest, transform, and scrub financial data used by multiple stakeholders;
- Embrace a quick build, measure and iterate cycle to bring products to market and work alongside world class engineers, and data scientists.
- 4+ Years working and coding in a programing language like Python, Ruby, etc;
- You love working directly with the people whose problems you’re solving;
- You are comfortable and fluent with high level Math and Statistics concepts;
- You gain a deep understanding of the products and tools you work with;
- BS or Advanced degree in CS or related field;
- You are experienced at data modeling, storage, security, and retrieval;
- You’re motivated and inspired. You naturally lead a project and ask for help when needed;
- You have experience designing and fine tuning algorithms. You are challenge driven and enjoy solving difficult problems while ensuring data accuracy;
- You check your work and stand behind what you’ve built;
- You align with our Core Values: Customer-Focused, Innovative, Continuously Learning, Action-Oriented, Respectful, Data & Metrics-Driven.