Senior Software Engineer, Payments Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Payments to join our team.
- Build reporting and monitoring tools to ensure the stability and security of the payments system;
- Maintain and take ownership over a payments platform processing billions of dollars per year;
- Build reporting and monitoring tools to ensure payments system uptime;
- Integrate new payment methods into our desktop site;
- Manage all technical aspects of relationships with payment providers and integrate new payment methods into our payment platform;
- Implement and deliver new payment features leading to higher checkout conversion;
- Have a critical role in building and maintaining our payments platform processing billions of dollars per year;
- Design and implement new services to support a secure, scalable payments system;
- Deliver high quality code on time and participate in extending our SDLC to include payment systems;
- Interact with various non-engineering teams such as product, support, finance operations and senior leadership;
- Consult and refactor existing services to improve scalability, security, and reliability.
- Deep knowledge of concurrency, resiliency, and caching;
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms (AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, Google Compute or App Engine, Hadoop, etc.);
- NoSQL experience (Cassandra, MongoDB);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Solid expertise in building highly scalable, distributed, loosely coupled systems;
- 5+ years of server-side software development experience;
- Experience working with payment processors and processor integrations;
- 5+ years of experience in object-oriented programming, preferably in (but not restricted to) Java.