Software Engineer – Data Infrastructure Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Software Engineer – Data Infrastructure to join our team.
- Design, build and operate large scale data infrastructure systems across all environments to store, aggregate and process large amounts of data;
- Serve in the on-call rotation to make sure our data infrastructure is highly available to all internal customers;
- Build a data platform-as-a-service for internal consumers, operating on open-source technologies on AWS and GCP;
- Write maintainable and self-documenting code, perform code reviews;
- Support our Applied Machine Learning team;
- Implement various ETL infrastructures and guidelines on how to most effectively build and maintain them for reporting, analytics and product features.
- Ability to write clean and maintainable code (our codebases are in Python, Go, Erlang, and Java);
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience;
- Ability to declare and work with infrastructure-as-code (all our infrastructure is defined in Terraform or Deployment manager);
- Understanding of distributed systems and principles (consistency, durability, resilience, consensus);
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) required;
- Experience working with cloud-native infrastructure on the public cloud (we operate on GCP and AWS).