The Account Executive, Sr. pursues relationships with potential new accounts and seeks business expansion opportunities with current clients. Develops relationships with larger and more complex clients in order to increase revenue. Being an Account Executive, Sr. visits client locations periodically to ensure client satisfaction and promote ongoing contract renewal. Has detailed knowledge of products and services being offered and ensures that products and services consistently meet client needs. In addition, Account Executive, Sr. provides sales quotations and responds to requests for proposals. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being an Account Executive, Sr. work is highly independent. May assume a team lead role for the work group. A specialist on complex technical and business matters. Working as an Account Executive, Sr. typically requires 7+ years of related experience.
Sr. Account Executive Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sr. Account Executive to join our team.
- Meeting revenue and margin targets with the ability to implement strategic account plans;
- Demonstrating consultative and solution selling techniques while accurately and consistently maintaining a sales forecast;
- Gain client alignment on project objectives, approaches and KPIs;
- Develops and submits internal documentation per agency SOP;
- Prepares materials for reporting to the client with oversight;
- Responsible for approving billing and invoices, partnering with finance to manage hours;
- Assist in the annual strategy and marketing plan development for specified clients;
- Keeps up-to-date on industry and category trends through websites, trade journals, market research;
- Develop long-term client partnerships that result in a mutually beneficial, growth-oriented business and working relationships with clients;
- Effectively communicates client feedback to cross functional agency team and keeps team apprised of changes or updates to account in a timely manner;
- Assists in managing projects through client review process;
- Assists in all facets of account services and client management as directed;
- Develops understanding of the brand’s strategic imperatives;
- Remains alert to client needs and elevates opportunities to convert organic growth opportunities;
- Monitors hours and production expenses.
- Exceptional media relations background with demonstrated capacity of working with global business and policy press to manage story development;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel);
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong client relationships;
- Experience working globally or with colleagues in multiple locations;
- Has established editor and/or analyst relationships and has proactively placed stories;
- High level of initiative; take accountability for role on projects;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with corporate image, issues/crisis management and strategic communications across multiple audience segments;
- Client and business environment: Customer service orientation is a must. Job pressure may exist from requirement of handling multiple tasks;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 3- 6 years advertising agency experience;
- Experience in startup, high-growth companies and/or clearly articulated passion for entrepreneurial environments;
- Solid research, analytical, verbal, written and computer skills;
- Experience planning and executing against all forms of media, including digital and social;
- Familiarity with social media monitoring tools;
- Demonstrated experience selling complex business applications/technology solutions at the C-Suite level.