VP of People Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a VP of People to join our team.
- Manage, mentor, and develop directors and managers within the People and Talent organization;
- Optimize the overall People and Talent processes, developing and improving systems that scale in high-growth;
- Staffing: establish and develop our staffing function across all job sites;
- Performance management: establish and manage the company’s performance management activities, succession planning, and related core processes;
- Policies: develop and deliver all necessary HR policies;
- Act as a champion of our culture and core values and enable all employees, regardless of location, to be a part of the company community;
- Cultivate a performance-based culture including a processes for regular reviews, employee development, and up-leveling of high performers;
- Work directly with the CEO to build out our executive team while continuing to source and attract high quality and diverse talent at all levels;
- Build out a competitive total rewards package with a fair compensation philosophy and attractive benefits that emphasize employee wellness.
- 7+ years experience in Human Resources leadership in a high-growth organization, scaling teams to over 500 globally;
- Experience developing international People Strategy, including labor law compliance;
- Been a proven leader and manager of managers, providing mentorship and development;
- Functional experience in compensation and leadership and development programs;
- Strong foundation of business fundamentals, including a data-driven mindset and thorough understanding of key business drivers and their measurement;
- Prior experience building organizations with strong values and culture;
- An opinion on how things should be done: favorite frameworks that have worked coupled with clear thought about why they did;
- Deep knowledge of State/Federal employment law across the US;
- A minimum of 10+ senior-level leadership experience in Human Resources building and scaling teams;
- Ability to demonstrate a strong foundation in business fundamentals, measurement, and accompanying metrics;
- Experience managing multiple subfunctions of HR, such as recruiting, facilities, talent management;
- Ability to think strategically and translate into operational plans to make things happen;
- Experience with high growth startups.