The VP of Product Management is responsible for understanding market demands, technology trends, and the competitive field. Directs and oversees all aspects of product life cycle management that meet market and user requirements and that facilitate rapid development and implementation of new products and enhancements. Being a VP of Product Management requires a bachelor’s degree. Manages the strategic product roadmap, product development, product launch, and product marketing. In addition, VP of Product Management typically reports to top management. The VP of Product Management manages a business unit, division, or corporate function with major organizational impact. Establishes overall direction and strategic initiatives for the given major function or line of business. Has acquired the business acumen and leadership experience to become a top function or division head.
VP of Product Management Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a VP of Product Management to join our team.
- Recruit and lead a team of high performing product managers, helping to develop their craft and career paths;
- Continuously improve SwiftShift’s product management team’s impact and productivity, building a culture of excellence;
- Collaborate effectively with C-Suite, PMs, Engineering, Design, and Data to create, plan, and own our company-wide product roadmap;
- Develop a team of product managers, designers and data analysts to support business growth;
- Maintain the product roadmap, and clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities and desired outcomes throughout the company;
- Working with cross-functional teams to get buy-in/approval/guidance, including lines of business, Operations, Legal, Compliance, Fraud, and others;
- Guiding creative brief and influencing Design to ensure an intuitive and delightful UI/UX;
- Defining, monitoring, and tracking KPIs and developing concrete point of view on insights to present to leadership;
- Make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market;
- Build and maintain annual release plan, manage feature delivery from discovery to validation in production;
- Gather information and lead subsequent product design, creative, development, and testing activities;
- Prioritize and pursue the highest impact opportunities using data to back up your decisions;
- Collaborate with Customers, CEO & CTO to create an annual release plan that delivers on the business’s goals;
- Work with Product, Engineering, and Design teams to build, test, and ship product experiments in a fast-paced environment;
- Closely monitor, measure, and interpret key metrics across the organization.
- Analyze existing products’ function & determine new features & reqmts to enhance our customers’ user experience & ensure maximum potential usability;
- Develop strategic product roadmap working w/ UX, design, and engineering;
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals;
- Prioritize needs and investments based upon relationship insight, competitive positioning and industry research;
- Lead collaboration across engineering, design, marketing, sales & executive leadership aligned to the Company SDLC;
- Drive actionable and implementable strategies that produce tangible results;
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience;
- Effectively balance the competing demands of innovation, quality, architectural/operational improvements & customer feedback;
- Advanced knowledge of business processes and data analysis, as well as the ability to construct complex data queries and collaborate with colleagues;
- Understanding of business needs, including how data is used and managed, and functional design;
- Analyze existing capabilities and identify priority gaps and opportunities;
- Experience in project management, including scheduling, budgeting and resource planning;
- Align product roadmaps with other Company initiatives to ensure that the company achieves its objectives;
- Manage the priorities, deliverables, and banker buy-in and adoption including leading stakeholder management and communication;
- Hands-on experience leading large scale build-outs of global applications with expertise in below areas.