Head of Data Science Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Head of Data Science to join our team.
- You will educate partners, and make data-informed recommendations and actions where needed;
- You will identify and construct the metrics to measure our objectives, build data pipelines, support Looker integration, and craft dashboards;
- You will build and be responsible for the Data Science organization at Medium;
- Problem-solve with product and business teams, advise executive team how to leverage data science across the company;
- Help preserve our culture of fact-based decision making as we scale;
- Set the vision, road map, and priorities for data science at company;
- Ensure the quality of our tracking and data;
- Build the team, systems, and practices that enables company to leverage cutting edge data mining and machine learning techniques;
- Define team org design and interfaces with the rest of the company, partner with business leads to support the analytics needs of different teams;
- Help guide the development of our internal analytics products.
- You have deep technical expertise in Data Science/Applied Research and related fields, finance and business modeling is a bonus;
- You have strong recruiting and people management skills, as well as experience mentoring teams and managers to high performance;
- You have expert-level communication and collaboration skills; you model behavior by leading by example through and resolving inter-team conflict;
- You have the ability to lead within a lean, highly effective organization, making strategic trade-offs, and prioritize effectively;
- You have executive-level presence and decision making experience.