Assistant Managing Editor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Assistant Managing Editor to join our team.
- Maintain editorial social media feeds, including Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. This will include scheduling future posts;
- Assist the Managing Editor with the short- and long-term plans for editorial content, including updating and maintaining story budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, or journalism or equivalent experience; Master’s degree desirable;
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and diplomatically;
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite and other commonly used publishing software packages;
- Experience with online manuscript submission and peer-review systems (Editorial Manager preferred, ScholarOne, Evise, or similar system);
- At least 1 to 2 years of scholarly content development and management, writing, copy editing, proofreading;
- Experience with social media management and analytics reporting;
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills and knowledge of grammar, usage, spelling, and style guides (particularly APA style).