Documentation Specialist III develops, prepares and/or maintains documentation pertaining to business processes, systems operation, product development and other technical processes. Researches, reviews, and collects available technical information as basis for documentation. Being a Documentation Specialist III creates new documentation or updates existing documentation to accurately reflect changes in a product or process. Writes and maintains end user documentation or on line instructional content. Additionally, Documentation Specialist III has developed a strong understanding of the technical details of the products or processes that are being documented. May require an associate degree. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Documentation Specialist III contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. To be a Documentation Specialist III typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Documentation Specialist III Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Documentation Specialist III to join our team.
- Spell check, proofread and/or cross-check documents to ensure accuracy and completeness;
- Participate in departmental project teams; assists with various projects and initiatives as assigned;
- Ability to correspond with customers professionally via telephone, email, and remote access;
- Provide desk side support when needed;
- Act as a coordinator when necessary to disseminate job requests to team members;
- Adhere to team processes and new implementations and/or directives;
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned;
- Provide directions, instructions and guidance to the team;
- Promote and encourage teamwork, confidence, and positive attitudes;
- Oversee the creation of, or create a Master Log for large projects to ensure organization;
- Process requests using best practices and most efficient method;
- Maintain high level of confidentiality of all records and files;
- Provide feedback and insight into each team member’s performances when requested;
- Assist with skillset building of new team members;
- Flexibility to adapt to change.
- Ability to take initiative and use good judgment to accomplish results;
- Possess strong communication, interpersonal, teamwork and customer service skills;
- Excellent skills in spelling, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure and proofreading;
- Ability to excel under pressure within established timeframe and provide quality work product;
- Familiarity with legal terminology and law firm environment required;
- Associate’s Degree, Secretarial Degree or equivalent technical knowledge/experience;
- Prolonged sitting and computer use are required;
- Advanced knowledge of document processing tools including but not limited to Innova, Acrobat Pro, DocXtools;
- MOS certified. or in progress;
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments;
- 5+ years’ experience in a legal document production environment and/or legal secretarial experience.