Documentation Specialist I develops, prepares and/or maintains documentation pertaining to business processes, systems operation, product development and other technical processes. Researches, reviews, and collects available technical information as basis for documentation. Being a Documentation Specialist I creates new documentation or updates existing documentation to accurately reflect changes in a product or process. Writes and maintains end user documentation or on line instructional content. Additionally, Documentation Specialist I may require an associate degree. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Documentation Specialist I works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. To be a Documentation Specialist I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Documentation Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Documentation Specialist to join our team.
- Project friendliness and professionalism in both appearance and attitude when dealing with customers in order to present a positive Riverview image;
- Collect data, assemble and distribute various weekly reports;
- Develop a Materials/product directory and reference binder;
- Catalog and digitize drawings and reports. Develop long term plan to get all documents digitized;
- Provide support with basic commercial documentation such as spec lending, change in terms, guidance lines, etc;
- Create and maintain Sharepoint sites;
- Balance with title companies to ensure proper distribution of loan funds;
- Preparing mechanical drawings for field technician use;
- Developing “as built” drawings or create schematics, as required, to be incorporated in final reports;
- Maintain professional relationships with referral sources and physicians;
- Populating field forms;
- Providing equipment counts for estimating;
- Maintain patient confidentiality;
- Obtaining all necessary project documentation such as plans, specs and submittals for field data preparation;
- Assisting field project leaders and managers with development of executive summaries, conditions of operation and other technical writing tasks.
- Superior organization and accuracy;
- Title Insurance Industry experience not required, but will be considered a plus;
- At least one year of professional office experience preferred;
- Proficiency with MS Office software and familiarity with web-based applications;
- Advanced knowledge in Excel, Word, and Outlook applications;
- Standard knowledge of technical applications such as: computers, documentation requirements, regulations, analysis, etc;
- Track and drive workflows affiliated with release of materials, document and changes;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- The documentation specialist will support new product launches in transferring to manufacturing;
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ensure data in SAP is consistent and adheres to in-house specifications;
- Ability to work effectively as a team player.