Photo Editor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Photo Editor to join our team.
- Ensure adherence to Culture Trip’s style guides by freelancers and third parties;
- Brainstorm, develop and execute stories across departments including, but not limited to Content, Marketing and Brand Studio teams;
- Source images from various agencies, individuals and outlets, negotiating rights and fees for images;
- Work with editors to select images for blog posts across the site on tight deadlines;
- Post production, story layouts and uploading images to our website through our content management system;
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager or supervisor;
- Optimize images technically and visually for publication on the web: color correction and siloing;
- Training Junior Photo Editors in photo commissioning from briefing and budgeting to art direction and production;
- Work collaboratively with New York Media teams on special projects;
- Produce, budget and art direct photo shoots from the ground up;
- Commission original photography, perform picture research and license existing imagery;
- Coordinate retouching needs, delivery of images, and deadlines with artists;
- Complete in-depth photo research for longer term projects focused on a single blog and finding existing bodies of work pertaining to the assignment;
- Ensure images are properly licensed; negotiate and handle license agreements with photo agencies;
- Maintain image metadata to ensure accurate credit and caption information are preserved.
- At least three years professional experience in a similar role in media and/or publishing;
- Confidence interacting with photographers, agents and talent;
- An understanding of the Culture Trip brand and community and have experience with digital journalism and social media;
- Experience in photo research and licensing for print and web publishing essential. Shoot production and art direction experience is essential;
- Superb organisational and people skills are an absolute must, a proven ability to plan effectively and multi-task working to tight deadlines;
- Strong understanding of copyright, content licensing laws and IP rights associated with digital assets;
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, familiarity with WordPress or similar CMS and social media networks.