Production Assistant is responsible for ensuring the production quality of all promotionals, commercials, and public service announcements. Coordinates and schedules all aspects of production to meet deadlines. Being a Production Assistant assists with set-up of equipment on production shoots and other control room duties. May operate equipment and peripheral systems used in video production including audio console and teleprompter. Additionally, Production Assistant may require an associate degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Production Assistant works under moderate supervision. Gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. To be a Production Assistant typically requires 1-3 years of related experience, or may need 0 years of experience with additional specialized training and/or certification.
Production Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Production Assistant to join our team.
- Other duties as assigned;
- Facilitate meetings, set up conference/videoconference calls; take and distribute meeting notes as requested;
- Creating foam kits;
- Order and keep track of office supplies;
- Track and collect receipts and reports to detail spending for billbacks to Lion King international companies;
- Installing seat covers;
- Coordinate production schedule with Coordinators and Management;
- Maintain productive, respectful, and professional working relationships with external vendors;
- Assisting with Qualification Documents (must understand historic restoration processes to do this);
- Audio operator for live and taped programming;
- Preparing and Submitting Submittals;
- Assisting with Mock-ups;
- Blending Smoothies;
- Assisting with Quality Control of Historic Process (second set of eyes verifying that our crews are doing things as specified);
- Working a production line from start to finish.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment;
- Ability to stand continuously throughout shift;
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled manufacturing facility;
- Must be ITAR compliant;
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions;
- Familiarity with PowerPoint is a plus;
- Entry-level position;
- Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience;
- Experience with other broadcast-related equipment;
- Ability to use hand and power tools;
- Includes weekend work and holidays;
- Must pass pre-employment screening;
- Must wear work boots; other PPE provided by company;
- Able to work Monday through Friday;
- Knowledge of AS400 is preferred but not required.