The Production Machine Operator I uses computer-controlled equipment to select, position and secure automatic or semi-automatic machines. Sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. Being a Production Machine Operator I may require a high school diploma or its equivalent. Controls and adjusts machine settings to complete simple tasks accurately, according to specifications, and in a timely fashion. In addition, Production Machine Operator I typically reports to a supervisor/manager. Being a Production Machine Operator I works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Production Machine Operator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Production Machine Operator to join our team.
- Checks and inspects operations;
- Organize processed product for further processing or shipping;
- Efficiently and effectively operate production equipment assigned;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Maintain clean work area, preform minor routine maintenance;
- Working off of process sheets with instructions;
- Set-up production equipment to match job to be processed;
- Setting up and operating automatic or semi-automatic machines;
- Plan day, ensure product is available and positioned to process.
- Using considerable judgment and initiative;
- Ability to read blue-prints and use measuring equipment;
- Production experience in a machine shop environment.