Senior Video Editor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Video Editor to join our team.
- Ability to juggle heavy workload and keep multiple projects on track;
- Editor is a great communicator and is punctual. He/she maintains an efficient workflow and process and promptly communicates any issues to management;
- Hands-on writing, producing, and editing as needed;
- Edits video content for Disney+ and ESPN+ marketing deliverables;
- Interfaces with copywriter and team assignments and workflow;
- Eagerness to find inventive solutions;
- Ability to work from a variety of sources (dailies, rough cuts, final features, trailers);
- Maintains familiarity with current video trends, social platforms, and the relevance of fast and slow trends. Exhibits an innate sense of curiosity;
- Accurately documents work related information via work orders, etc. Manages assets and archives projects accordingly and understands delivery;
- Delivers high level creative on schedule.
- Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure while dealing with on-air scheduling deadlines;
- Strong sense rhythm in both editorial/narrative and sound/music;
- Knowledge of Disney Movie Library preferred;
- Knowledge of Avid, Final Cut Pro, Compositing;
- Strong understanding of Premiere and Adobe Creative Suite;
- Ability to work flexible hours;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Minimum of 5 years in editing, preferably with a major television network or studio or creative agency;
- Experience as promo writer/producer and/or copywriting experience;
- Experience with sports sizzle;
- Skilled in non-linear editing, color, and post-production.