Technical Trainer participates in, and conducts technical training programs. Determines training objectives. Being a Technical Trainer writes training programs, including outline, text, handouts, and tests, and designs laboratory exercises. Lectures class on safety, installation, programming, maintenance, and repair of software, machinery, and equipment, following outline, handouts and texts. Additionally, Technical Trainer administers written and practical exams and writes performance reports to evaluate trainees’ performance. Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related area. Typically reports to a manager. To be a Technical Trainer typically requires 0-2 years of related experience. Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed.
Technical Trainer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Technical Trainer to join our team.
- Travel, as needed, for onsite, private training classes;
- Deliver and facilitate product training without supervision;
- Attain trainer qualification in identified areas of specialization;
- Performance Measures, PowerPoint slides, etc);
- Ensures quality and safety guidelines are transmitted on trainings;
- training as required;
- Deliver Train the new Trainers (TTT) on site as required;
- Act as Change Agent to improve the training material as part of continuous improvement to incorporate changes in;
- CAPA management linked to training;
- Provide assessment of trainees’ competencies and qualifications;
- Metrics and reporting / Real time training status;
- manufacturing/error traps from historical deviations etc;
- Deliver classroom and virtual training to a variety of technical audiences;
- Create video production including audio and video editing in SCORM format;
- Assist with updates for course descriptions, syllabi, and other collateral pertaining to external education.
- Excellent oral communication skills are a must;
- Clear, concise, professional, and comprehensive written communication skills;
- Skilled writing of technical training documentation;
- Passion for educating teammates and end-users;
- Experience with requirements gathering, curriculum development, creating training materials for a large web application;
- Experience creating user friendly training materials and user guides;
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Open for local travel on a daily or weekly basis;
- Expert-level command of course authoring tools and course development methodologies;
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Knowledge of instructional design concepts and principles;
- Experience in video production equipment and software to create video-based learning experiences;
- Experience with SCORM requirements;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent time-management skills, and ability to work independently and collaboratively.