The Account Representative pursues relationships with potential new accounts and seeks business expansion opportunities with current clients. Develops relationships with smaller to mid-sized clients in order to increase revenue. Being an Account Representative may support higher-level account managers working with larger accounts. Has detailed knowledge of products and services being offered and ensures that products and services consistently meet client needs. In addition, Account Representative may visit client locations periodically to ensure client satisfaction and promote ongoing contract renewal. Provides sales quotations and responds to requests for proposals. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being an Account Representative work is closely managed. Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Working as an Account Representative typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Account Representative Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Account Representative to join our team.
- Work with and coordinate vendor resources to build relationships and support sales;
- Generate new business with new or existing customers;
- Ensure customer service requirements are met;
- Routinely interact face-to-face with customers to foster strong relationships and maintain satisfaction;
- Prospect for new customers;
- Attend training sessions as required;
- Perform skip tracing to locate consumers;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Profile accounts that are determined un-locatable or exhausted;
- Communicate with and participate in reinsurer meetings and discussions regarding client program placements;
- Participate and successfully complete the Launch training program;
- Develop a beginners level of knowledge and interpretation of standards and policies as outlined in the applicable AAAHC handbook;
- Review applications and work with customers to ensure all documents are accurate and complete;
- Maintain continued contact with customers regarding ownership changes and prompting re-application prior to expiration;
- Works with Account Manager to drive business and retention and improve the client experiences throughout the proposal and renewal process.
- At least one (1) year experience in an accounting or financial balancing function;
- Microsoft Office applications experience;
- 6 months collections industry experience;
- Associates degree;
- High school diploma or GED certificate;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to maintain confidential information;
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Strong communication skills are required;
- Local candidates preferred;
- Pathological optimism and a can’t-lose attitude, with a healthy dose of reality;
- Highly motivated, driven, self-starter;
- Salesforce.com or other comparable CRM experience a plus;
- High school diploma required;
- Able to effectively work as part of a team – (proven through a previous job or volunteer work).