Accountant/Tax Preparer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Accountant/Tax Preparer to join our team.
- Research tax related questions and issues, and respond to clients approximately and within a timely manner;
- Answer questions and provide basic tax planning to clients;
- Prepare and file individual income taxes.
- Ability to positively and proactively manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines and thrive in fast-pace, dynamic environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficient in CCH Tax Preparation software- a plus;
- Advanced knowledge of multiple accounting software systems, preferably Microsoft Office (Excel), QuickBooks and MIP;
- Extensive experience in bookkeeping;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and internet research;
- Understands need for urgency in meeting deadlines;
- Experience using tax preparation software, such as CCH Axcess Suite as well as Microsoft Office;
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with minimum of 4 years experience;
- Embraces personal accountability;
- Thorough knowledge of the tax process;
- Proficient in QuickBooks accounting software;
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- PTIN (Preparer Tax Identification Number) preferred;
- Experience in individual income tax preparation (including schedules A, B, C, D and E.