Bookkeepers keep financial records up to date and help prepare accounts.
Accounting Clerk Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Accounting Clerk to join our team.
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records;
- Customer deferred payment collection;
- Internal repair orders — knowing which account to charge for specific items;
- Maintain Various Accounting Records;
- Prepare Monthly Bank Reconciliations for both Internal Accounts and Trust Accounts;
- Exceptional organization and time management skills;
- Update accounting records with new payments, balances, customer information etc;
- Assists with performance of duties of other accounting staff in periods of absence;
- Data entry;
- Source office supplies;
- Match and e-file vendor purchase orders, shipping documents, invoices and payment stubs;
- Assist finance team with auditing documents;
- Contact customers regarding overdue accounts and determine reasons for non-payment;
- Daily reconciliation of all merchant credit card accounts;
- Handle requests and queries appropriately.
- Customer service experience;
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software;
- Well organized;
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks;
- Must be a self-starter and be willing to learn;
- Must have previous experience with Great Plains Software;
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence;
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations;
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills;
- Detail oriented;
- Entry-level position, though educational background in accounting or basic accounting/office experience is preferred;
- Organization, attention to detail, productivity, and dependability;
- CDK Dealer Services experience (preferred).