Accounts Receivable Clerk I records, verifies and posts payments received by the organization. Ensures transactions are recorded promptly and accurately in accordance with internal accounting policies. Being an Accounts Receivable Clerk I reconciles payments with accounts receivable ledger and prepares reports of delinquent accounts. May be responsible for ad hoc customer billing and responding to customer inquiries regarding bills. Additionally, Accounts Receivable Clerk I requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Accounts Receivable Clerk I works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Accounts Receivable Clerk Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Accounts Receivable Clerk to join our team.
- Processing and Verification of Credit Applications and Credit Review;
- Send customer invoices daily;
- Answer all inquires concerning invoice payment and correct any discrepancies;
- Accounts Receivable/Collection: Preparation of Customer Billing;
- Claims preparation and processing;
- Update accounting records with new payments, balances, customer information etc;
- Identify and report to management payor issues with regards to billing and collection;
- Handle credit reference requests;
- Bring “red flag” collections/liens to management’s attention when necessary;
- Other duties and projects as assigned;
- Proper distribution of invoices to the General Ledger and Job Costing in accounting system database;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Monitor and report on accounting discrepancies;
- Send out statements to customers;
- Data entry.
- HS Diploma or equivalent;
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software;
- Data entry and word processing skills;
- Detail oriented;
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks;
- Knowledge of retail store operations, merchandising and sales concepts;
- Experience making B2B collections calls;
- Well organized;
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel);
- Excellent focus and accuracy. Ability to make sure work is correct and accurate;
- Good organizational skills;
- 1+ years’ experience using AppFolio/Yardi (MUST);
- Proficiency with MS Office applications;
- AA+ Degree (PLUS).