The Accounts Receivable Specialist I ensures transactions are recorded promptly and accurately in accordance with internal accounting policies. Records, verifies and posts payments received by the organization. Being an Accounts Receivable Specialist I may be responsible for ad hoc customer billing and responding to customer inquiries regarding bills. Reconciles payments with accounts receivable ledger and prepares reports of delinquent accounts. In addition, Accounts Receivable Specialist I requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being an Accounts Receivable Specialist I works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Accounts Receivable Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our team.
- Record revenue from merchandise sales;
- Maintain digital accounts receivable records;
- Provides general administrative support and assists with special projects as needed;
- Performs the daily entry of Accounts Receivable remittances in an accurate and efficient manner;
- Work with customers to process open account payments;
- Responsible for maintaining and ordering office supplies for department;
- Provide quality customer service both internally and externally;
- Assessing delinquent accounts and escalating to management accordingly;
- Works with internal departments to resolve customer discrepancies and disputes in a timely manner;
- Monitor and resolve disputed invoices and on account payments at the factor;
- Maintains frequent contact with internal and external customers in order to address all payments, disputes and return issues are resolved;
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger;
- Ad hoc reporting;
- Regularly in an office environment;
- Provide accounting support to property management team and participate in periodic meetings with property managers.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task;
- Microsoft Navision/Business Central accounting software experience is a plus;
- Ability to interact with customers, public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner;
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting;
- 2+ years of experience in a high-volume accounts receivable team preferred;
- Detail oriented;
- Basic understanding of accounting principles and concepts;
- Must be highly organized and self-motivated;
- Advance in Microsoft Office with an emphasis in Excel;
- Analytical, tenacious and great at research, follow-through & follow-up;
- Familiarity with Sage 300 / AccPac a plus;
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines;
- NetSuite experience.