Billing Representative Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Billing Representative to join our team.
- Monitor outstanding balances and take appropriate actions to ensure clients pay as billed;
- Manage the preparation of invoices and complete reconciliation of billing with accounts receivables;
- Provide input to policies, systems, methods and procedures for the effective management and control of the premium billing function;
- Interact with customers to gather support data to ensure invoice accuracy and also work through specific billing discrepancies.
- Previous experience working in a metric driven environment with department goals / quotas to meet on a daily / weekly / monthly basis;
- Ability to multi – task and to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product;
- Experience in medical and / or health insurance billing;
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher);
- Experience and knowledge working within HIPAA guidelines and compliance;
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (general spreadsheet navigation) and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar);
- Interpersonal communication skills – written and verbal communication with colleagues as well as business partners;
- Ability to prioritize tasks with ease;
- Data Entry experience, including but not limited to areas such as inventory, claims, billing, internal systems, etc;
- Ability to participate with overtime projects as needed;
- Adaptable and flexible within a work environment;
- Experience in Worker’s Compensation or No Fault claims processing;
- EMT or Paramedic background is extremely helpful;
- College degree in medical coding or equivalent work experience is preferred;
- Must have high school diploma or GED as well as medical terminology.