Customer Service Supervisor supervises a staff of customer service representatives that respond to requests from customers by phone or e-mail and manages the daily work load to ensure required service volume and quality levels are attained. Trains and coaches staff in standard policies, procedures, and best practices. Being a Customer Service Supervisor identifies opportunities for operational improvements and implements solutions. May monitor staff performance and have responsibility for hiring and performance appraisal. Additionally, Customer Service Supervisor typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a manager. The Customer Service Supervisor supervises a small group of para-professional staff in an organization characterized by highly transactional or repetitive processes. Contributes to the development of processes and procedures. Thorough knowledge of functional area under supervision. To be a Customer Service Supervisor typically requires 3 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
Customer Service Supervisor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Customer Service Supervisor to join our team.
- Perfect service procedures, policies, and standards;
- Ensure compliance to scheduling, hiring, payroll and business planning processes;
- Process customer refunds and exchanges according to established guidelines;
- Create price tags and merchandise signs;
- Act and work in a manner that is consistent with company’s core values;
- Answer the telephone according to accepted guidelines;
- respond to resident requests and work with residents to minimize/resolve problems and complaints. Follow through to ensure issue is resolved;
- communicate with residents to ensure residents are knowledgeable regarding community’s services, operating procedures and issues/events;
- Implement policy and procedural change;
- Maintain customer service processes, standards and metrics to support the AFHNA team;
- Manage schedules for customer service personnel with participating in late night schedules with team;
- Plan, organize and conduct presentations/meetings and training to various personnel as necessary;
- Maintaining records;
- Recruit, hire, train, and develop department personnel in conjunction with Company objectives;
- Support the business strategy through the creation of customer-centric service processes, standards and metrics.
- Strong client-facing and communication skills;
- Customer service experience;
- Knowledge of all company products;
- Must be able to possess thorough knowledge of clients policies, procedures, and products;
- Ability to write basic internal business memos and desktop procedures, root cause/resolution analysis and flows;
- Knowledge of various telephone or call center systems;
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds;
- Ability to push and pull up to 10 pounds;
- The DSS is responsible for building both drycleaning counter sales and route sales;
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills;
- Ability to stand and walk;
- People skills, hear and diffuse issues;
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time;
- Manage customer escalations;
- Process documentation.